Wednesday, 9 April 2014

Reading

WALT: ask questions as we read to make sure we understand what we read

Remember we can question before we read…
What is this going to be about? What do I already know that will help me understand? what do I want to find out?
 We can question as we read… 
what does that mean? what is going to happen next? what else do I want to know?
 We can question after we read…
does that make sense? what have I learned? have I answered my earlier questions? what else do I want to know?


  • I learned to use questions to help me with my reading.
  • Most challenging was to concentrate on my book and my reading more then other things.
  • Next step is to start reading big chapter books.
You can use prediction and questioning as strategies to help you 'tune in' to your reading. During group time you are able to focus and ask questions to help you understand the text. Your next step is to practise these skills as you read independently and to make sure you use your learning time wisely and complete you learning activities.
Kerri

No comments:

Post a Comment